Two and a half hours outside of Minneapolis is where you’ll find it: the perfect place for your future to grow. At Morris you can become anybody. You can do anything. And when you leave here, you can go anywhere.
Questions about any of the info below? Contact Admissions.
To apply, your high school transcript should include the following:
- Four (4) years of English;
- Four (4) years of math including one year each of elementary algebra, intermediate algebra, and geometry,
- Three (3) years of science with one year each of biological and physical science;
- Three (3) years of social studies, including United States history;*
- Two (2) years of a single second language.*
*Applicants missing this requirement will not be denied admission if they are otherwise admissible.
Steps for future freshman applicants
Apply online or download the application [PDF]. (Be sure to include a $35 non-refundable application fee, or $25 if applying online.) For tips on how to make the most of your application find out more about how we evaluate applications.
3. Have your high school records forwarded directly to the University of Minnesota, Morris
This includes your official high school transcripts, with class rank (if your high school ranks). If you’ve obtained a GED, include both the official GED records and high school transcripts.
4. Provide an official score report for the ACT or SAT
An official score report either comes directly from the testing organization or is recorded on your official high school transcript. The Morris ACT code is 2155 and the SAT code is 6890.
5. Send any additional information (optional)
Feel free to include extra materials like written statements, letters of recommendation, resumes, and portfolios that you feel would help get to know you better. We encourage written statements if there are any extenuating circumstances we should take into account when reviewing your application.
7. Receive your admission decision
In about three weeks, you’ll receive an admission decision in the mail.
8. Save your place!
So we don’t give your spot away, return the confirmation card included in your admission with a $175 non-refundable confirmation fee or pay the confirmation fee online with a credit card. Once we receive your confirmation, you will be able to request housing, schedule a registration session, and complete the necessary steps to be a Morris student.